Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Roses? For me?

When I returned from my sewing circle, I found a box of red roses waiting for me on my doorstep. Naturally, I assumed my wonderful friend Jeff had found some way of sending me roses from Cambodia. Imagine my utter shock when I read the card and found that they were from Aldo Kelrast!

The note said:

"Dear Mary,

I am returning the favor of flowers with more of the same! One good turn deserves another!

Aldo Kelrast"

I am more than a little stunned! I gave him those flowers as an act of compassion. I hope he knows that and did not send these flowers in a misguided attempt to woo me. I am taken! One single male friend is all a childless widow with a reputation for modest propriety is allowed! I am worried because of how he chose to address me as "Dear Mary." That is a very bold declaration of affection, don't you think?

Of course, I did put the flowers into a vase and display them prominently. Surely Mr. Kelrast will know that I am accepting these roses as a gesture of kindness only, right?

Time to go to the grocery store.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ian Cameron, Ph.D. said...

Mary, as a self-professed expert on everything, I feel it is my duty to point out to you that "Kelrast" is an anagram for "stalker." Sure, that could be a coincidence, but I don't think I'd count on it. Besides, Toby has very good instincts. I wouldn't dismiss her concerns!

Well, I'm off to grade some awful freshman papers. Summer session!

Ian Cameron, Ph.D.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Toby Cameron said...

It's true, Mary, after all, my instincts told me Ian would be a great friend and that you'd be an excellent confidante!

Toby

6:05 PM  
Anonymous aldo kelrast said...

Mary,

I think it is my turn to do an anagram. Did you know "Cameron" is an anagram for "No cream." You don't want to take your coffee black do you?

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

How do you like my levity?

Love,
Aldo

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mazement said...

How do you like my levity?

Aldo, check the label again...I think it's spelled "Levitra".

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home